Itemised Payslips Regulations in Singapore
From 1 April 2016, it is mandatory for all Singapore employers to issue itemised payslips to employees covered under the Employment Act. Those who fail to issue itemised payslips or give incomplete or inaccurate payslips will be fined by the Ministry of Manpower.
Requirements to Issue Payslips
- Employers in Singapore must issue itemised payslips to all employees covered by the Employment Act
- Employee payslip(s) should be issued at least once a month, within 7 days after the last day of that month
- Employee payslip(s) must be given together with the payment to employees. If this could not be done, it has to be given within three working days of payment
- If an employee is dismissed or has his contract terminated, employers should issue the payslips with the payment of any outstanding salary or dismissal/termination payment, where the payslips should itemize such payments
- Itemised payslips can be issued in the form of soft or hard copy (including handwritten ones).
Items to include
Pay slips must include the items below which is based on the MOM payslip template, unless an item is not applicable. For example, if overtime pay does not apply to you, your pay slip need not include items 9 to 11. If payments are made more than once a month, employers can consolidate pay slips. The consolidated pay slip must contain details of all payments made since the last pay slip.
- Full name of employer.
- Full name of employee.
- Date of payment (or dates, if the pay slips consolidates multiple payments).
- Basic salary
For hourly, daily or piece-rated workers, indicate all of the following:
- Basic rate of pay, e.g. $X per hour.
- Total number of hours or days worked or pieces produced.
- Start and end date of salary period.
- Allowances paid for salary period, such as:
- All fixed allowances, e.g. transport.
- All ad-hoc allowances, e.g. one-off uniform allowance.
- Any other additional payment for each salary period, such as:
- Rest day pay
- Public holiday pay
- Deductions made for each salary period, such as:
- All fixed deductions (e.g. employee’s CPF contribution).
- All ad-hoc deductions (e.g. deductions for no-pay leave, absence from work).
- Overtime hours worked.
- Overtime pay.
- Start and end date of overtime payment period (if different from item 5 start and end date of salary period).
- Net salary paid in total.
iSuperSuite – A full HR solutions to ensure you comply with the new changes
With iSuperSuite, your Singapore business is fully covered to comply with the new requirements under the Employment Act that will come into effect on 1 April 2016. Besides generating itemised payslips with the features that meet the requirements of MOM Tripartite Guidelines, iSuperSuite allows payslips to be delivered to employees in the form of soft or hard copy.
iSuperSuite is not just a payroll system but it consists of the following:
- Pay module – payroll with CPF, IRAS and other mandatory requirements with basic HR records.
- Leave Module – eLeave module woth email approvals, approval cc list and online leave calendar.
- Time Clock Module – attendance management, auto allowance/OT calculation, duty roster planning.
- Claims Module – eClaims process and reports.
- Appraisal Module – categories, forms and grades setups, self and management appraisal.
- HR Module – comprehensive HR records with document uploads.
Moreover, iSuperSuite is voted as Asia’s Readers’ Choice best HRMS 2015 and is trusted by MNCs, Government Agencies and SMEs in Singapore. You can also utilize Government grants to subsidize up to 87% of the implementation cost. You do not have to worry about subscription too, iSuperSuite is a one time payment solution for your HR needs, no hidden costs or additional headcount license too.
Clients that have implemented iSuperSuite
Contact us now
If you would like to learn more about how iSuperSuite can help your Singapore business comply with the itemised payslips requirements under the new Employment Act changes, feel free to get in touch. Give us a call on (+65) 96734150, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us through our online enquiry form today. We offer comprehensive services to small and medium businesses in Singapore and throughout Asia.